Exploring Northamptonshire Discovery Walks take place on alternative Thursday afternoons at 2 pm. The walks are based mainly in East Northamptonshire. The approximate distance of each walk is between 4-5 miles. There is no need to book - just turn up in good time to put on your boots for a prompt departure. Stout shoes and waterproofs recommended and all walkers must be prepared for stiles and rough ground. Dogs must be on a lead throughout the walk.
Walks with in front have pictures of the day. Please enjoy.
Fee per walk is £1.50.
Click here for Autumn 2017 walks poster. A brief list is given below.
- 7th September - Gretton, Kirby Hall
- 28th September - Brigstock, Bocase Stone
- 12th October - Harringworth, The Lodge
- 26th October - Thurning, Hemington
- 9th November - Twywell Hills and Dales
- 23rd November - Woodford
- 7th December - Fotheringhay and Woodnewton
Click here for Summer 2017 walks poster. A brief list is given below.
- 27th April - Barnwell and Armston
- 11th May - Apethorpe and Airfield
- 25th May - Deene and Deenethorpe
- 8th June - Kingscliffe Spa
- 22nd June - Fotheringhay, Elton, Eaglethorpe
- 6th July - Easton-on-the-hill, Wothorpe
- 20th July - Yarwell and Green Lane
- 3rd August - Wadenhoe and Aldwincle
Further information can be obtained from Sue Payne telephone 01780 782747.
For a list of previous walks please go here.