Exploring Northamptonshire Discovery Walks take place on alternative Thursday afternoons at 2 pm. The walks are based mainly in East Northamptonshire. The approximate distance of each walk is between 4-5 miles. There is no need to book - just turn up in good time to put on your boots for a prompt departure. Stout shoes and waterproofs recommended and all walkers must be prepared for stiles and rough ground. Dogs must be on a lead throughout the walk.
Walks with in front have pictures of the day. Please enjoy.
Fee per walk is £1.50.
Click here for Summer 2017 walks poster. A brief list is given below.
- 27th April - Barnwell and Armston
- 11th May - Apethorpe and Airfield
- 25th May - Deene and Deenethorpe
- 8th June - Kingscliffe Spa
- 22nd June - Fotheringhay, Elton, Eaglethorpe
- 6th July - Easton-on-the-hill, Wothorpe
- 20th July - Yarwell and Green Lane
- 3rd August - Wadenhoe and Aldwincle
Click here for Spring 2017 walks poster. A brief list is given below.
- 5th January - Aldwincle and Thrapston
- 19th January - Wakerley
- 2nd February - Nassington and Elton
- 16th February - Wadenhoe
- 2nd March - Gretton West
- 16th March - Laxton and Fineshade
- 30th March - Cotterstock, Oundle, Ashton
- 13th April - Islip
Further information can be obtained from Sue Payne telephone 01780 782747.
For a list of previous walks please go here.